Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vuelta!!!!!!!!

People,

I have done you a disservice. I have not done my homework, or kept up with the "in the know, or in the now." The Vuelta prologue is today at 3:00pm central time. Yes, you say...we all know that. What I failed to tell you is that the prologue is...Wait for it...Wait for it...

A NIGHTTIME TEAM TIME TRIAL. Yeah, I know...or I should say I didn't know until I tried to watch this morning and found out that it was not showing until 3:00pm. 3:00pm? What? Tape delay, really I've paid $14.99usd to see this thing live and now this. Little did I know, I'm supposed to know these things so that I can let you know. Not doing my job. Sorry for that one.

Anyway, back to the nighttime TTT. Can I say Heck Yeah? How cool is that? I am so excited about this that I can't wait for la Vuelta to start. It is going to be one not to miss. Stay tuned to get all the updates from my point of view, however narrow it is.

Transfers
What is up with Garmin and Cervelo? Can you say "Classics Killers"? Thor, Haussler, Klier, Hammond will bring some heavy heavy hitting to the new Garmin-Cervelo squad. Can't wait to see what this team is going to look like in the Spring. I hope they pick up Ted King, he is a work horse with Hornerlike abilities.

Young American Talent
Van Garderen is being hyped by everyone, so I'm jumping on the wagon with the band. Bob Stapleton is a master at developing talent, so I can't wait to see what this kid (22 yrs) will do in his first Grand. If Bob believes enough to let him start la Vuelta that speaks volumes. Go Tejay, make us proud to pay our USAC dues.

No comments:

Post a Comment