Friday, August 27, 2010

livin

Here is a good case where life should imitate art. Everyone should have a little bit of a Wooderson attitude. If you are not familiar with who Wooderson is, you need to watch Dazed and Confused. If you have not seen Dazed and Confused you need to, and I am a little disappointed that you have not seen it. I'll get over it, but you have homework. Consider yourself served.

I am not a big fan of the shirtless Matt McConaughey and his acting prowess, but the closest he has ever come to any kind of Oscar material is his Wooderson. It is brilliant, it is a small supporting roll, but it is Awesome.

Most of you that have seen the movie know the most quoted and misquoted line. "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age." What can you say about that? Love it.

My second favorite line that Wooderson delivers with a Steve McQueen coolness. "Yeah, well, listen. You ought to ditch the two geeks you're in the car with now and get in with us. But that's all right, we'll worry about that later. I will see you there. All right?" How cool is that? You want to be Wooderson and have that kind of swagger, the Duke crossed with the Fonz. Eh...

"...Let me tell you this, The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." If that is not a mantra to follow, you must not be LIVIN. My man Wooderson doesn't sweat the small stuff, and his message should not be a way of life, it is more of a guide to life. Live. Live your life. Don't be bound to the rules "societal norms", do what makes you happy. Our time is brief make the best of it, channel your inner "Wooderson".

4 comments:

  1. Not so much to your point, but as to your content. I have always been impressed with his gearhead line that he rattles off about his car. I've never been able to catch all that he says, probably because I am not a car guy, but either way, it was an impressive delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fn' muscle." -Wooderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I still don't know what any of it means, but it just sounds great!

    ReplyDelete