Monday, January 2, 2012

Sick - Bad

It's day one of my Christmas Vacation and I was awakened this morning by the age old sound of vomiting coming from the bathroom.  I'm thinking this ain't good.  I will have to say that this was not bottle induced, this is good old fashioned stomach virus.  That's what the PA at the minor ER said.  Awesome, thanks for shaking my hand.  I'm already freaked out by being in a waiting room full of sick people, and the Dr. has the audacity to shake my hand.  Really?  Don't you know about the spread of germs?  I might be a little on the germ-o-phobia side of things.  I know, I know, but I see it as job security.  Dr. gets me sick by spreading some little bug to me, and viola...I'm in the office in two days complaining of what the kid in the next room had.  Very sneaky, very sneaky, too bad I washed my hands as soon as she left the room.  Bam! Take that!

Stomach virus confirmed and a mild case of dehydration calls for some anti-nausea medicine and an IV.  Half way through the bag and little miss sick-o is feeling better.  On the way home we get to stop at Sonic.  Bacon is awesome.  Back home and we start loading the car for the assault on the West.  Bikes, snowshoes, too many bags, snacks, Christmas gifts, and the doggies to drop of at Grandma's house.  This trip is a Go and we are only a few hours behind schedule.  Two to be exact.

We stop at the Mom-in-laws/Grandma's house to multitask...drop the kids doggies and exchange gifts. Done and Done.  On the road.  Not much to talk about between here and Texas.  Lot of road and not much to look at.  Traffic was not bad, weather was good, and we were T minus one state away from vacation.  Stopped off at El Reno, or someplace Garth Brooks is from, or they claim.  Taco Bueno.  10mins to close on Christmas Eve night.  I'm pretty sure I ate spit, and the food was a lovely room temperature. Tasted good though.

We made it to my parents house without incident, fighting, vomiting, or speeding tickets.  Pretty lame, no real story here, oh well maybe next time.  Right?  Mom and Dad start in on me as soon as we get there.  "You want anything to eat?"  "yes I do" I said as my Mom pulled some brisket out of the fridge.  One does not go hungry at my parents house.  Oh yeah, and my sister brought me a beer from NM.  Merry Christmas Eve, to me!  It's good to be with family, especially when they all take such good care of me.  No, I'm not spoiled.  Well, you be the judge...

Stay tuned for day two of the magically awesome trip out West.  Is it magic or an act of a Saint?

No comments:

Post a Comment