Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hang Over...Hung Over?

It's January 1st and I have a massive hang over.  No, you silly little monkey, I did not drink too much last night.  I'm hung over from my wonderful trip out West.  It's a mixed bag.  I'm happy to be home, but I also feel that part of me belongs on the high desert dusty single-track, or up in the thin air of the snow covered mountains.  That part is sad to have left.  There is a little part of me that is happy to be back.  Today affirms that it is good to come home.  I did miss my friends and family -family that is not related to me.  The family that puts up with me because I put up with them. 

I have so much to share, but not a lot of time to write right now, but bare with me and I will crank out some good lies, stories and a few jokes along the way.  Just a little teaser right now and more to follow.  Sorry it has been so long since I put something down.

Julie got sick the day we were supposed to leave.  White Christmas miracle in Amarillo.  Winter driving 101.  Snowshoeing in Albuquerque.  Country singer showdown in Durango.  Nordic skiing is not as easy as it looks.  Snowshoeing with the in-law in Durango.  Arches National Park.  Grand Canyon like views -super afraid of heights.  Super awesome mtb, and not so super mtb in Moab.  Long drives with a lot to see, and not a lot to see.  Dirty towns and scary drivers. 

There you have it.  I hope I did not give too much away.  Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention my favorite part...Breweries!!!!! I love a good beer.  Stay tuned and look for new posts.  They will be a coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment