Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The only constant

The rumors to my demise are greatly exaggerated.  I was fired, let-go, dismissed, seeking other opportunities, terminated, sacked, canned yesterday by a company that I have worked for just this side of ten years.  I'm in a little bit of a state of shock, but this did not totally come out of the blue.  I'm still letting it sink in and see where this takes me.  I'm a little scared to try and re-enter employment at the bottom of the pile, but that is the natural selection of life.  Good thing I like lemonade.

The wife already said that this is not an opportunity to ride my bike more.  OK, but I am going to try the 3mile rule, ie.. if it is within a 3mile radius it is transportation via bike.  We will see how this goes.  I am a half-empty kind of guy so I am really trying to work on the half-full attitude.  Those of you who see on a regular basis make sure I am half-full.  And if I have a glass in my hand top me off already!!!!

Options, school?  Job in the same industry?  Peace corps?  Donate body to science?  Now if I could only do this for a living, and brew beer on the side.  One thing at a time.

Change is good for the soul, but difficult for the flesh, ...let's not see how cliche I can get.

It looks as if my days are open for a while, so if anyone needs someone to ride with let me know, just don't tell the wife that it is my third time on the bike for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment