Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day one

Ok, just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has inquired about my recent unemployment.  I appreciate everything, but I seriously was not looking for sympathy, although it is nice to know you guys care.  I am just trying to be completely transparent and let you know what is going on in my life, if you are interested. 

I'm in the process of getting a resume together and I am also looking into school.  The resume is a pain, I mean really, I've seen some doosies when I was the one doing the hiring, and now everything I come up with look like ones I used to brush aside.  It should read like a bank robbery note: hIre ME oR ELsE!!!! -and it would be with letters I cut out of magazines. 

So far a pretty successful day.  Had my coffee, wrote on the blog, ate some cereal for breakfast.  I did get in a mtb ride which was good, but I do kind of have this whole job thing in the back of my mind which can be irritating when on a good ride.  Made a late lunch, called Cox and negotiated a lower rate, as soon as I can find the W-2s I will work on the taxes.  Silver lining- I get to watch Scheldeprijs while waiting for the cable guy to come out.  I'm sure there will be a bike ride in there somewhere and then WNR.

Got some bathrooms to clean W-2s to find and a beer or two in the fridge that is calling my name.  The dogs love having me home so they have full run of the house.  I just might do a load of laundry, what the heck why not.  I'm thinking filets for dinner with some grilled zucchini and maybe a potato in there somewhere and green beans.  Great, now I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment