Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Ride

I picked up my new bike Friday. How excited was I? I think I have to use the term "giddy". I felt surreal seeing the bike built-up and waiting to go home with me. It's like being at prom and seeing your date and thinking that they are too good for you. Seriously, that is MY bike?

I got the bike home took all the reflectors, the warning stickers, and pulled the cassette so that I could take the donut off. Spun on some pedals, adjusted the seatpost, and began the scientific test ride (ride around the front yard on and off the curb) to adjust the fork and shock. Done with the set-up I made plans for a morning maiden ride.

Didn't sleep too well, a little excited to get that first ride. Crazy dreams, none about bikes.

When the knobbies hit the dirt for the first time the newness started to wear off. The ease of climbing came with a little confusion. Really? Am I just excited? Adrenalin rush? No, this thing can climb, it can descend, and it rails corners. Does it have any weaknesses? Yes, the rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment