Wednesday, September 1, 2010

fitness, lack of

I was sick for about three weeks off and on with something, let's just say it was not fun. This started in Hays, KS on the way to Copper Mnt Co. I know, lucky me. I did salvage the trip by getting two days of lift served MTB, and the fact that I was there with my crew, that helped keep me from curling up into the fetal position and crying.

So last week I got back on the bike, and I have been doing some rides and some MTBing, that being said tonight was the "WNR" or Wednesday Night Ride. I rode from the house to get some extra miles in to try and make up for lost time. I rode with the team and they worked me over. I was getting schooled, HR in a different zone yet to be discovered, and I was having out of body experiences. Here is the sad part...They were out for a casual ride. I was on a hammerfest and could not keep up.

Thankfully I am part of a great bunch of teammates and when I was dropped (repeatedly) one or two would come back and bring me back into the fold. Thank you Guys, and G. -You rock. Thanks for the post ride "recovery 'man soda'" G.

My point to all of this is how fast we loose fitness from sickness, travel, work, TV, Kid Taxi, etc. It is so fickle, it takes so long to build it and then it is so easy to lose. Poof it's gone like a bad magic trick. I'm throwing in the towel on this season. As Juels said "I'm in a transitional period", I'm not going to "walk the Earth" but I am going to take it easy and enjoy the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment