Monday, August 30, 2010

Vuelta stage 3

When I tuned in it looked like the break was going to stick. Serafin Martinez exuded smoothness and was drilling it. He had three chasers and then a 1min gap to the peloton, it looked great. He was looking for the first win of his pro career. (you have to pull for a guy like that) Then out of nowhere his gap was down to 36sec. Poof. It's over. Please find a place somewhere in the peloton, thank you for effort, but we have it from here. Should get most aggressive, you have my vote. I'm a sucker for the break sticking. Yes, I'm a fan of the breakaway.

Oh man, this was a great finish to this stage. A 5% power climb to the finish, hard man style. Omega, Liquigas, and Katusha all had representation at the base of the climb. Nibali made a move that looked good, but Gilbert was all over it. There was some more shuffling and then Gilbert gassed it, FULL Throttle. Dropped Nibali and proceded to teach a class on how to power climb and win a stage at la Vuelta. The only student in attendance was Rodriguez, but Gilbert kept him at a 3sec arms length. Like I said "hard man style". Gilbert is a classics guy, his DS said that this stage was built for him. -good call.

Once again la Vuelta is edge of the seat. Try and find the finish out there on the interweb. I was yelling at the monitor so much so that I scared the dogs. It's OK, they think I am Touched.

I am so disappointed at the amount of non-exposure that la Vuelta gets. Should we put Tour de Spain out there so that people will be fooled into tuning in? France is cool with le Tour, but last time I checked there are three, 3 Grand Tours. 3!!! Tour Day France as Bob Roll likes to call it, the G-Row, and then the Vuelta. So how do you say Vuelta? Vwell-ta, good job now you are hooked on phonics, put a la in front and you are golden. Now that you can say it do yourself a huge XL-American sized favor and WATCH IT, or just read my words and hope to your God that I know what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment