Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vuelta stage 2

I started watching with 33k to go and the break was already over the summit. Moto 1 with the break showed 80+kph. Johnny Walker with Footon was riding with no regard to personal safety sitting on his top tube on the descent. When you have to get aero you have to get aero -your boys be damned. You have to love that name.

HTC was well in control doing their duty to keep the break in check, but also doing their work for holding the leader's jersey.

You have to give props to the Andalucia rider getting into the break and getting the sponsor some love. Speaking of sponsors, I cannot tell you how nice it is to watch la Vuelta without someone trying to sell me a Cadillac, Nissan, or Lance selling Michelob Ultra. Commercial free is the only way to go. I'll pay you to not inundate me with stuff I will never buy. Oh yeah, this just solidifies how much I hate the VS coverage. I am willing to pay for all of my cycling viewing pleasure. It is worth it, trust me.

I'm going to get some haters on this, but... The commentary is few and far between, and I like that. Just enough and not TOO MUCH. There is a great deal of "dead air", sometimes silence is golden. Sorry Paul and Phil. It is also a breath of fresh Lance Free air, I've been watching for over an hour and no mention of the Texan.

6k and everyone is back together. Bunch sprint. Blood is pumping sitting on the couch, need a HR monitor on, TSS score high just from watching. What happens next, I don't even want to tell you. It is crazy, you really should watch it for yourself, so go to youtube or cyclingfans. If not keep reading...



All of the sprinting "heads of state" are lined up, Tyler, Cavo, Petacchi. Tyler goes with Cavo on his wheel Petacchi is following. Cavo goes Petacchi on his wheel unable to come around. Cavo goes around Tyler for the win...WAIT there is a white kit coming up on the left side that pips Cavo at the line by a half-wheel????????? What? Who? How? Yauheni Hutarovich of FDJ. Yeah me to, I'm going to have to do some research on this guy.

So far la Vuelta is better than expected, and I had high expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment