Saturday, July 9, 2011

TdF Stage 6

Carnage part Duex

I had a team of monkeys up all night working on facts and figures, but they went on strike.  So, that being said I don't have any stats, bear with me -any facts quoted are probably incorrect by + or - 100%.  It doesn't take a rocket surgon to know that once Cav and HTC get the first one that the others will come, almost at will.  HTC is gunning for the Green.  They have been training it up for the intermediate sprint, how cool is that?  It's like two sprints a stage.  I'm a fan.  Gilbert lost his jersey to Rojas, who he took it from earlier.  Turn about is fair play.

First heartbreak of the day came when Tom had to abandon and was seen getting into the team car.  I like Tom and really miss seeing him work magic in the sprints. (yeah, like three years ago)  Then Wiggo hit the deck and hung it up with a broken collarbone.  Not a super huge fan, more of a fan when he was killing the track and TTs.  I do feel for him, having to abandon and being broken is probably an emotional dark place that most of us don't have a clue.

Can RadioShack not catch a break, bad choice of words.  Levi gets caught up in the big crash, but the big story is Horner crashing into the ditch motionless.  If that isn't crazy enough, dude gets back on the bike, visits with the race Dr. and finishes the race.  "Did I finish?"  Little scrambled brain with a side of toast?  Horner was looking so good, -understatement of the year.  Man I wanted Horner and Levi in there to mix it up.

I do not wish harm upon anyone, that would be horrible of me, but how did Alberto miss out on the carnage?  I am looking for some karma of epic proportions.  I am praying that he breaks a chain or has a mechanical, something anything.  -Is that wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment