Monday, July 4, 2011

TdF Stage 2

Team Time Trial

For the record I picked HTC to take it, I was just a little off the mark.  Would they have done better if Bernie had not taken a little slip-and-fall action about 500m into the race?  I'm not saying that they would have won, but would they have placed better?  What about the boys in argyle?  Can they work a TTT over or what?  I thought they would have been top three or top five.  They were all work taking it to the line, and they looked good doing it, well it was funny seeing Thor in the KOM 'dots.  Phil and Paul were remarking how he was the KOM and this and that, I think the stat they should have talked up was the fact that Thor is probably the biggest rider to ever don the 'dots.  Now, there is a trivia question in the making.

BMC was not going to go away quietly, and they showed Garm-elo that they are not the only American team that can work a paceline.  Cadel was in good hands with efforts from Big George and Bookwalter, heck the whole team rode their guts out to put a little more time into Contador.  Speaking of Contador, I got a huge laugh at the booing that was going on out there, score one for the home crowd.  Good job out there letting that little punk know what you think, keep it up.  I love it.

Little punks, and now I am using punk as an affectionate term when I speak of Frank and Andy.  How many times did Paul and Phil say how bad the Schlecks are at TT?  Should have turned that one into a drinking game.  Drink up, he said it again.  Fabian took the whole Leopard team stuffed them into his jersey and rode a massive TTT.  I would have never picked them to do that well, color me surprised.  Good surprise.  I'm a fan and like to see them do well.

All in all it was nice to see the TTT back in le Tour, if the other Grands can include it why not le Tour?  As they say, it really does showcase how this is a team sport and stresses the importance of having a team that is good at all disciplines.  I got to ride in a 3-man TTT a month ago and it was probably one of my favorite races, even the couple of practice runs I did with my teammates was fun.  -and I hate TT, because I have the same problem as Frank and Andy...What was that again Phil?  That's right, I suck at it.  Drink up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment