Wednesday, July 6, 2011

TdF Stage 4

I call "BS"!

I'm not buying it.  I think little Al took a page from Lance's playbook and put in an Oscar worthy performance.  You have to give it to the little weasel, he attacks to draw out his competition is able to size them up, and then acts as if he doesn't have it.  This puts doubt in the minds of the contenders and they might just get caught sleeping if they think el pistolero is not 100%.  Chuck D said "don't believe the hype".

By the way BS stands for Beautiful Sprint, Cadel.  As they say is your part of the world -good on ya.  One, I really didn't think Cadel was that type of rider, and then he went and won the Rainbow Jersey a year ago, switched teams to BMC, which I thought was more about the money than about "a plan".  Two, BMC is for real, at best they were a very competitive Continental team, and somehow in the last few months they have turned into a Grand Tour contender.  I'm impressed and I think I might be turning into a fan -more on that later.

It was billed as a sprint stage, and then they took that back and said it was a climber's finish, I looked at the profile and was a little curious as to what was going to happen.  I wanted to see Gilbert grab another one as a from me to me birthday present, but it was not to be.  I'm pretty sure I could try and put into words what happened in the final k's but watching it for yourself is much better.  Look it up and you be the judge.

I've got my eye on the little fake finger gun pointing punk.  Mark my words, Al is not done yet, oh I wish he was.  I read somewhere about not booing the poor little guy, my opinion is that if you have an opinion you should be able to voice that opinion and if it happens to sound like a boo, then so be it.  Sport's stars are in the public and are subject to public opinion.  So, if you want to boo, boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment