Monday, July 4, 2011

TdF Stage 3

Happy 4th of July America and Tyler got you a stage win.

HTC ran out of team and Garm-elo timed it perfect and ended it with a W.  How classy is Tyler?  For the second time in two weeks he remembers his friend after crossing the line first.  I've busted Tyler's chops because Cav has had his number and was forever the bridesmaid.  I have to say that I am becoming a fan.  His stature has grown in my book since the loss of his friend in the Grio.  Tyler has class.  Tyler is class.

Yeah, so I am a big fan of the new sprint format.  It has only been around for two stages and it rocks.  Today's stage sprint was nice, well except for someone got their panties in a wad over Cav and Thor mixing it up.  Was it really that dangerous?  Thor was fighting for a wheel moved into Cav's line and Cav gave the God of Thunder a little Renshaw.  Well it was not like the trifecta that Renshaw unleashed, it was more of a "heavy" lean.  That's racing and they kept their hands on the bars.  Dangerous, you know what's dangerous -the people making these kinds of decisions.  Ignorance = danger.  I'm scared just thinking about these people being in charge.

Gutierrez gets my Jens trophy for today's stage.  That guy would not stop, he would attack, and then attack, and when it was all said and done he attacked again.  I like Movistar and would like to see them do something, anything. Rojas finished 3rd and pulled on the green.  This is a good start.

Hey where the heck is Tom Boonen?  He is sitting in 44th and has been nowhere in the sprints.  Come on Tom mix it up, for real do something.  Speaking of Quickstep, Sylvain Chavanel is just stages away from going on a flyer getting into a break and sticking it.  It's a bold prediction but it could happen.  Well I would like to see it happen.

Hey we are three stages into this thing and it is looking good so far.  I am excited and look forward to watching the replay of stage 4 tomorrow after work, so don't spoil it for me or anyone else.  If you do I will find you and annoy.  Just don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment