Tuesday, November 23, 2010

what the...

Does anyone know what is going on in cycling?

I've been trying to keep up with what is going on and I don't have a clue.  I usually get my news from Velonews and Cyclingnews, and right now there is not much going on.  Contador is trying to get his meat out of the news, Armstrong is having his dirty laundry aired in Congress or a Shriners convention.  You can tell I really care alot...  The Schlecks have dismantled Saxo Bank and moved everyone to Luxembourg with or without a sponsor, or a sponsor to be named or not named.

Saxo is all screwed up now that Albert's cheese meat is hanging in the wind, Riis went out and bought all of Astana that will ride for el Pistolera to the point that it is now going to be called Saxtana.  The Aussies had trouble with their paperwork for ProTour license and now will have to settle for Continental Pro, what the heck is Pegasus anyway?  This is Fly V all growed up right?

Bob Stapelton is playing hardball with Cav, and will not re-negotiated his contract.  Good move?  Smart move?  Where is Cav going to go?  Right now HTC is not a Grand Tour contender team, and they will work to get the Green, move to a team that only wants the Leader's jersey and your stats might look a little different.  Sure, he can get more money on a different team.  Bob is smart.  Cav has to have an awesome season or no other team will touch him when his contract is up.  When his contract is up Bob will pay him what he is worth.  Beautiful.

Garmin is now Garmvelo and they will have the newly crowned World Champ the God of Thunder Thor "leading out" Tyler.  Really?  Who really believes this?  Two very fierce competitors are supposed to work together?  Was this really a good idea?  OK, I'm the World Champ and a kick a$s sprinter in my own right, and I now have the JOB of working for someone else?  Really Thor?  I know I have given Thor a hard time in the past when Cav sticks it to him, but I just don't see one of the best Sprinters/Classics rider working for someone else.  Someone should be working for him.  I don't know how I will feel seeing the Rainbow Jersey leading out. ?????  That just aint right, I don't care who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment