Wednesday, November 24, 2010

all apologies

Sorry, please forgive me for not writing, calling, texting, emailing.  No, it's not you... it's me, I just think it would be better if we saw other people for awhile.... Sorry, thought this was my email, it's my blog...

I would like to say that I have no excuses as to why I have not been writing.  Well I have been watching a great deal of TV, not really an excuse, more like truth.  I suck at watching TV, or is it that I am really good at it?

I won the lottery and it was like a billion thousand zillion dollars, might be pesos not sure, I'll have to check on that and get back to you.  So I am buying a ProTour Team, or better yet I am building a ProTour Team.  My first contract is with Jens Voigt, with this amount of money I have to have Jens.  I don't care if he even races for me, I just want him on my team.  Stuy O'Grady.  I will let him drink during a Grand, just as long as he gets the job done.  That'a boy Stuy.  I will have to have Gilbert, he is the hardman's hardman.  He is crazy fast when it is hard, hard day in the saddle, hard course, hard conditions.  He's my man. 

I'm going to cherry-pick Andre Greipel from Lotto.  I want to see the German Gorilla go head to head with Cav.  Greipel took races this season and made them his         .  Now, he was racing some second tier races, so I really can't wait to see what he can do racing in the bigs.  I'm going to pick up Sylvain Chavanel, because this guy will not quit, he will get into break after break after break.  Two years ago he was in a break, at le Tour, that turned into a solo for something close to the whole race, and was caught with 75m left.  Total heartbreak.  I did not know who he was until that moment, I had heard his name but did not know him.  That effort and accompanying heartbreak put him on the map for me.  The defining moment of Chavanel was the stage a few days later that he "found" himself in the break, once again it turned into a solo, and he stuck it with the peloton just 150m back.  Define what a Man is...

I'm going to have to have Big George, got to have George.  Enough said.  For another rider close to home...Chris Horner.  What can you say about Horner?  What can you not say about Horner?  He is as hard as an anvil, and as tough as barbed wire.   Stijn Devolder two time Belgian champ, and Flanders winner, good enough for me.  Another Belgian Björn Leukemans was 6th in Roubaix and 4th in Flanders and he rides for Vacansoleil a Continental Pro team.  He had a little run-in with doping control back in 2008, so his chances of gaining a ProTour spot was not looking good until Vacansoleil gained their license for 2011.  He will still make my roster because of his hardman status.

To round it all out I will buy out Spartacus' contract, and my team will destroy every classic on the calendar in 2011.  No other team will stand a chance on the cobbles, in the rain, when the pain comes.  I just need to come up with a good name for my team, get some cool team cars.  Maybe I will call up Michel Ball and get his opinions and then do the exact opposite.  Yeah that's the ticket.  Since I have insane amounts of money left over I will have to build a Grands Team...

1 comment:

  1. I had this crazy dream that there were 4 US pro tour teams... maybe it was just this time of year,and my mind was just filling up the space where racing news resides. I mean really -- this is America -- we all know that pro tour selection is really just pro euro selection. Remember apple pie, baseball, chevrolet... that's America.

    ReplyDelete