Thursday, November 25, 2010

Being thankful

What do I have to be thankful for?

I am thankful for all of the things that I take for granted.  Everyday stuff that I don't give a seconds notice.  It is the small things that we bypass and feel entitled.  I am guilty, guilty for thinking that everything that I can do is because I can.  It's the American way, I am owed my abilities.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no superstar, but I can walk, talk, see and hear.  I use these everyday and take no notice of them.  I'm lucky to be able to do the things that some people can't.

Give thanks that you have these abilities, give thanks that you can take your abilities and push them to a higher level, just because you feel like it.

I also take the people in my life for granted.  Family that is always there for me, friends that are family, and the people that I rely on at work to make my life easy.  I feel that my parents are a constant like gravity and have treated them as such.  Unlike gravity, I will not always have my parents to keep me grounded (pun intended).  I am thankful that I had parents crazy enough to allow me to live, and then foster my own version of insanity.  Oh, yeah my sister could have taken me out many times over and make it look like an accident, but she took me under her wing and made me one of her own. (I still have flashbacks of "make-over" time)  If it wasn't for you big sis I would be listening to George Strait and driving a 1/2ton with trucker mudflaps.

I give thanks for the people in my life that have enriched it and have changed me and helped form what I am today.  That goes for all of you people crazy enough to hang out with me and call me a friend.  It would take me forever and a day to list every way you have touched my life and changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment