Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Whatch ya got under tha hood?

I've been putting miles on my new Giant Trance X3, and have been loving every min of it.  I need to do a proper review of the bike, but I am afraid it would sound like Giant was stuffing my pockets with cash.  Seriously this bike is killin' it, there are times when I feel like I am just a passenger and along for the ride.  You like to feel that you can just go buy something off the shelf and it will change your life, change your luck, make you faster, and get the girl at the end of the movie.  Well, this bike is just that for me.  I have been tearing up rock gardens that I used to hate to put into my rides.  Now, I am trying to push the limits on this bike, I have already surpassed my limits and the bike has carried me well beyond what was within my normal operating limits.

You have probably heard "it's not the bike, but the engine on the bike."  I have to say that it's not the engine, it IS the BIKE.  I'm riding stuff that I used to "make it through".  My bike is possessed with evil spirits that can drill it, not that I am complaining, but it is just a little weird.  Oh well, I should just sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride.

There are so many products out there in the marketplace that will make you faster, stronger, and help you recover.  Many of said products have no scientific evidence that they actually improve anything, but if you "think" that something does something for you then doesn't it "work"?  The power of suggestion is something that you can't bottle or package, but if you buy something in a bottle or package that you "believe in" is it not worth it?

So, I'm going to ride my "touched" MTB, drink my recovery drink, pull on my compression socks, and listen to some Jack Handey self help cassettes.  Because I am good enough, fast enough, and gosh darn it I don't care if it works or not.  It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment