Friday, December 10, 2010

Entertain us

Apparently for some reason people (that would be you, if you are reading this) actually read what I write.  I don't know why, and I really don't care.  Ok, I do care that you read, otherwise this would be a big waste of my time.  Since you read it, it is probably a big waste of your time, but hopefully you do get some value out of this endeavor.

I was told by an anonymous source that I need to write more often.  I should.  I would like to write everyday, and I try.  Believe me I try.  I just don't have the talent to put words down everyday and "have something".  It is an ego boost to have my "reader" want more.  So I say "Thank You" for reading and enjoying what I have to say or not to say.

The year of 2010 is coming to a close, and by all accounts it was a good year, or was it?  How do you say "that was a good year?"  In 30 years from now will people raise their wine glass and say "2010 that was a good year".  Well, I had a good year.  I had an injury-free cycling year, that's a first.  Most recently I did have an unexplained illness that forced me to miss out on the Copper Triangle, and then had me off the bike for about a month.  "I'm feeling better now"

Not to dwell on the past, because it is history, history that cannot be changed.  The past is for learning from ones mistakes, and hope for a better, brighter future.  I'm looking forward to a new year.  Look at it this way, in a few short days we will have the first day of Winter.  That is the shortest day of the year, well sun lite short.  What does that mean for us cyclists?  The days will be getting longer, the sun will be staying out longer and before we know it, it will be spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment