Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On the day of my birth

Opening Shot: 

Me standing on a stage akin to an awards ceremony behind a podium holding a shinny platinum colored numeral 1.

"I'd like to thank my parents, for making this all possible."

The crowd chuckles but does not erupt in laughter

"My Mom, for having me, Dad for trying to show me what it means to be a man."  "My sister for allowing me to live, and giving me the true definition of cool."  "We, as a family put the Fun in dysfunctional."

The crowd erupts in laughter

"Thanks to everyone in my life that has been there for me this last year."  "Here is to another trip around the sun."

The lights go down

A birthday should be a celebration of the past year that you just completed, and a toast to the future year that you have to look forward.  My parents and my sister were responsible for making me who I am today, good or evil.  Yes, I have been able to make my own choices, but my family made an impression on me in my formable years.  I swore that I would never be like my parents, now that I know better I want to be my parents.  Sure, they have their faults...who doesn't?  I've got some water for you to walk on. 

Life is crazy how it sneaks up on you and turns you into a card carrying adult.  It's a hit and run and your are left wondering how you got so old, and those darn kids and their loud music.  I think it is just a number, it's not that I feel older, I just have more memories.  Remember when I couldn't 'member?

So one more year piled on the heap, and a clean slate for a new chapter in this grand saga we call life, or whatever.

1 comment: