Thursday, October 14, 2010

More to life

I'm starting to slip with my posting duties. I've been working some crazy shifts. We had a little down turn in business and we had to eliminate two positions, which means that I get to "help out" a little more than usual. "Letting someone go" is not an easy task when it is someone that is a good worker and someone you enjoy working alongside day to day. Such was the case for my employees. I have asked employees to leave on a permanent basis before, but it was good for both parties. This last situation was not good for anyone involved except maybe the bottom line.


Life is a strange and interesting tale, where we make of it what we can. Sometimes I just want a motivational poster that says "F it". I don't like being a "grown-up" with responsibilities. Just ask my wife, we don't need kids, she has to put up with me. The whole Lemons-to-Lemonade is probably supposed to be an example of making the best out of a bad situation. I'm no juice drink expert, but it sounds like work to me. Maybe if you are given lemons you could try and sell them, throw them at that ahole who just cut you off in traffic, using a 3-man sling shot you could launch them at your overly loud neighbors house. I believe there are more options than just lemonade.

Of course, the best thing to do when life hands you lemons is to say no thanks and go ride your bike. Sounds overly simple. It is. Just go for a ride, no computer, no phone, no direction. Ride. It might not solve your problem, but for that one brief moment you can free yourself. If that doesn't work go out and do intervals 'til you puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment