Friday, September 17, 2010

Vuelta stage 18

Sorry folks, I am getting lazy with the posting. Don't know if it is the beautiful weather we are having, or the lack of bottled inspiration. Whatever it might be, I just have not felt like writing. Well I have felt like writing, just don't have anything to write. Is this writers block? Yes...good point...I would have to be a writer to have writer's block, that was a close call. I do have la Vuelta for a few more days. After that I am going to have to find something, Yeah like Worlds, Lombardia, and then CX season is cracking. Lucky me, I love CX, huge fan of the CX, you just will not see me out there on a skinny tire rig in the grass, mud, snow, sand. Off-road is MTB all the way for me.

Meanwhile back at the ranch (la Vuelta). Cavo is dishing out another view of his backside to the peloton with a little help from his team. And when I say his team, I mean his team. Everyone does their part to get Cav to the line first. Even Velits, who is sitting 3rd GC is taking monster pulls at the front to get Goss and Cav into position. Don't believe it? Check out the video, it's all there. HTC likes to win, Bob Stapelton likes to win. Look at their record. When they claim, Claim that they are the #1 team in the World, they really are the #1 team in the World. Please try and dispute that, they have the numbers to back it up, not just team members (men and women), but number of wins. 384* since 2008

Now that I am on the numbers train...Next stop Eddy Merckx. I had to pull out the history book on you, and drop some knowledge. Eddy has 525 W's. Most people will not get on a bike that many times in there entire life, much less win a race. Impressive. Next...History lesson. No, contrary to popular belief the King of Belgium is not Eddy Merckx.

*not sure if that is counting Cav's win yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment