Friday, August 13, 2010

Hell

The next time someone asks me "is it hot enough for you"? I'm going to go off on them. I am to the breaking point with the heat, or should I say boiling point. Flash point is more like it. I digress. It is hot, that is all there is to it. Yeah, but it is a dry heat. No... it's not, have you been outside? AC boy?

I have lost the will to do anything. I don't know if it is from being sick in CO, or is it simply malaise from the heat cooking my brain? Apathy has set in to the point that I don't even care about apathy. Call me on the phone and ask me what I want to go do, you'll be lucky if I even answer the phone.

Don't get me wrong...You are thinking Burnout. Yeah, I know sounds like Burnout to you, thanks Doctor. I'm physically burnt, cooked, done, can you see the big fork sticking out of my back. I want to go ride a bike, I have not lost the desire, the desire has been trumped by environmental concerns of melting or combusting on the spot.

Poof

1 comment:

  1. I think spontaneous combustion is a real phenomena... I really saw it on the WNR... some dude gone in a puff of smoke... rode right by his ashes on the side of the rode... Crossed myself, and I'm not even Catholic -- it just seemed like the thing to do. Plus I once saw Luis Herra cross himself as he rode be Tom Simpson's memorial on Mnt Ventoux in one of the 80's TDF.

    I was sittin-in, at a pace that should have been manageable... but my heart rate was 180 bpm... ouch. I was on the verge of spontaneous combustion... JK was sittin on my wheel, and I reached back to give him a hand sling, because I was done, I was pulling out. He thought I was asking for water... just a little something to cool my parched mouth... just a little something to wash my ashes down the side of the road. No way... his water was the perfect temp for a nice cup of hot tea (in spite of his latest insulated bottles with "ICE" written on the outside -- mocking me). I asked him to radio the team car... he pat me on the back, and then attacked that group. Team Car??? Radio the Team Car??? I must have been on the verge of spontaneous combustion.

    You'll have to excuse me now... I am going to lay on the floor with the dogs in front of the A/C vent. For these are truely the dog-days of summer. These dogs are much wiser that these humans... just watch em -- they move slowly, and take many knaps; then outside for only a moment or two -- just enough time to convert a little vitamin D; then back to the A/C vent. They're in no hurry. Ah, this nice cool wood floor with a cool breeze soothing my skin that nearly went up in a puff of smoke.

    ZZZZZZZ

    ReplyDelete