Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stage 10 or Rest day

No fireworks on Bastille Day for the French

After a long hard day in the saddle, on stage 9, even the big guns need a day.

Seriously, did anything happen today? I watched the stage, I've combed the Internet, I talked to the "people who know things" and I think there was a rest day today disguised as a stage.

Ok there was some climbs, but the sprinters almost made it, but no one wanted to work, to bring in the break. After yesterday's stage do you blame them. No, you do it, you have yellow, well we don't have a sprinter, so you do it. -That went on for like 100k? So the break went, the break stayed, and a Radio Shack guy from Portugal ruined Bastille day for the French. Sorry guys Sandy was a day early- said that yesterday.

So, nothing happened in the GC, and tomorrow is a sprint stage. Cavo? Tyler? Thor? Robbie? It's up for grabs. Saxo will hold down the break if anyone is dangerously close to Andy, and then the sprinters teams will take over, and catch the break. Done. Sorry to spoil it for you. Look for Chavanel to go stage hunting again, maybe we will see a new face up there?

So, I usually have something smart or dumb to say about "things", but I've got nothing for this. If anyone can enlighten me I'll buy you a pint and we can have a good laugh???

Sorry I did not have more to say, but did you see what I had to work with?

No comments:

Post a Comment