Wednesday, May 18, 2011

This is easy?

Ok, I am setting down at the desk-top with Napster on and I am forcing myself to try and put something down.  I don't care what it is, I just have to do something.  Forcing my fingers to type words and hoping that the words will somehow fit together to make a paragraph or two, heck maybe three... we will see.  I have not been able to come up with anything to write.  Have I lost my opinion?  Misplaced my sarcasm?  Or, is it the dreaded "writer's block"?  Well, not the block -duh I'm not a writer, so it can't be that.  I'm not even good enough to be called a hack.  Chop chop.

It's not like the racing hasn't been good, because it has been freakin' off the hook -as the kids say.  The Giro had the devastating loss of Wouter Weylandt, who was laid to rest in his homeland of Belgium today.  I have a hard time saying what an awesome race the Giro has been with such a black cloud hanging over it, and every time I try to start a piece about the Giro, all I can think about is Weylandt.  I know it sounds silly, but I just can't get through a sentence or two before Delete, Are you sure you want to Delete?  Yes.

Thank you Amgen, for the Tour of California.  When the minds who make the decisions moved the Cali race, I thought they were out of their Vulcan minds.  You move it and no one will come.  Yeah, that is why I don't make decisions.  My wife is always trying to get me to decide on something, anything.  With the decision making skills of an ADHD Lemur that's a bad idea.  "Where do you want to go eat?"  Yes???  Cali has been my cycling race savior since Contador got all tickled pink.  I can't bring myself to watch with that pointy-finger-gun-waving-_____, wearing the leader's jersey.  I know I'm juvenile. 

Where was I?  California.  Tahoe was a mess, snow in May?  Good call to not race -for the sake of the riders.  Live to fight another day.  I do hope they keep that stage in for next year, it was crazy long and great climbing.  Plus, I think Tahoe is beautiful, it can rival Europe on scenery head-to-head any day.  Sky looks like they took a page out of HTC's playbook, or maybe they just watched a lot of video in the off-season.  Swift-Henderson one two punch stage wins and leader's jersey swap in the first two stages.  Good job Sky, now lets see if you can take some of Rupert Murdoch's money and buy a stylist and get a new kit.  Heck, Adidas has class and style, give them a shot at the re-design.

Horner.  Enough said.

No, really.  Horner blew up the field on stage 4.  It looked like he was supposed to sheppard Levi, but ended up causing collateral damage to his teammate instead of pacing him to the line.  Wow, shades of Pais Vasco 2010 when Horner attacked at 10km to go and set off a grenade in the peloton.  As with stage 4 today, he was out of the saddle for what seemed like the entire climb in '10.  I was in pain watching him gut it out, but not fading...he seemed to be getting stronger.  Yes, I was screaming at the TV just like I was a year ago at the computer monitor.  "Holy_____Go! Go! Oh yeah! Go!  I might have had a few more blanks in there not sure.  Impressive on both accounts.  AND YES I am still a little T.O'd with RadioShack and Lance for not giving Horner the greenlight last year on TdF stage 16, Lance should have attacked and given Horner a chance.  A chance at something he has not done in his cycling career, win a TdF stage.  Whatever you do, don't forget Horner, he is the bad'ss of American cycling.

R E S P E C T

That felt good...hope I can do it again...soon

No comments:

Post a Comment