Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cutlery

Across the pond in the land of all things pasta Cavendish put another notch on the toptube.  I have pretty much given up on the Giro now that Alberto is a min up on Sivtsov (HTC) second place and Nibali (Liquigas) is 1:21 down in third.  I'm so done with the Giro, Please for the love of all things cycling Please would someone else Please win this or at least get him out of the Miglia Rosa so I don't have to see his stupid face on the podium every day.  No, really that is how I feel.  I'm gettin a little sick just picturing him on the podium fake-shooting people.  Great, just threw up in my mouth.  Stick a fork in this one...it's done, well done.  Or is that over-done?

Once again if it were not for the excellent racing going on right here in the states, the people in white coats would have to come and pad my walls and take away all my sharps.  I would have stabbed my eyes out with a butter knife long ago having to witness the unholy act of Contador on the podium day in and day out.  Horner lit it up yesterday and I have that burned into the memory dvr in my head and have been playing it over and over.  And, Yes, it puts a smile on my face every time I see him out-of-the-saddle dropping everyone and killing it to the end.  Smiley face wink.

Oscar Freire put on a show today, one that I would gladly pay admission.  En Fuego.  I enjoyed the sprint finish and was on the edge of the couch ready to jump, legs twitching, looking to head-butt or elbow anyone in my way.  Yeah I was in it to win it.  Even though I was so enamored with the sprint, I secretly was heart broken when the leadouts caught Freire.  I would have been just excited to see Oscar solo this stage.  The man owned it today, he took the first sprint, the first KOM, and then second on the fourth KOM.  He just needed the break to stick and solo it in for the glory.  That's why cycling is cycling.

If you don't follow me on Twitter, you might not know that I picked Tejay Van Garderen to win Cali.  I know, a little ambitious on my part -but you got to like this guy.  I'm a little torn with Horner leading this thing, I wouldn't mind seeing him take it on home.  Tejay is 2:05 down in 10th place, he has a decent TT and should move up higher in the top ten.  Also keep an eye on Andrew Talansky sitting in 12th, and Brent Bookwalter in 16th.  Bookwalter was in a crash at 5km to go and lost some precious time today.

I'm down to just spoons, they took all my forks and knives.  What's next my shoelaces?

No comments:

Post a Comment