Tuesday, February 22, 2011

'those aren't two pillows'


Ok, I don't have a picture of what happened today, but if you bear with me I will try and explain.  I was on my way to meet Marty and Bryan when I see Marty headed my direction, but Bryan was opposite.  Marty motioned for me to head in Bryan's direction and then he joined me.  There was a flat involved, no big deal.  Sew-up involved, and the fix-a-flat just blew out the hole.  Now we have a big deal.  We were trying to limp Bryan back either to a shop or to home.  After no joy with airing up the tire and subsequently having it go flat in about 1k we figured this was not going to work.  Bryan was going to have to walk.  I looked at Marty and jokingly said "have you ever seen that picture of Horner?"  Marty said that he would let Bryan ride if I carried the bike.  Deal.  Bryan sat on Marty's saddle and I pushed the flatted bike. 

About 1.5-2miles, several off color jokes about sexuality, and multiple fits of laughter we made it back to the house. 

Bryan and Marty are registered at Macy's, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Home Depot.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe we let this one go without a photo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say -- it was good for me... but next time will apply a little more chamois cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, kids do not attmept this at home... these are professionals on a closed course. If you attempt this -- never, never stand up -- this is not a tandem!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And kids -- if you are at a race and feel Byan's hands on your shoulders...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you happen to feel that.....just go with it.

    ReplyDelete