Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You've just been dropped

I rode with two of my favorite team riders today, both have similar styles.  If you consider bringing the pain style.  Brown Bear is a kid, I mean that in the best possible way.  He is all of 16 years of age.  With the way he brings the pain on a ride, some might call him a Punk, actually I do call him a punk.  If you find yourself on a ride sandwiched between James and Brown Bear, you had better have your big boy pants on. 

What was I thinking going on a ride with two of the team's cannibals?  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so bring the pain.  Mission accomplished.  Brown Bear and James put it down after our rendezvous at the skatepark out 21st.  Avery saw Brown Bear pushing the pace into the mid 20s.  I went up front for a pull and felt good, James rotated to the sharp-end and pushed it into the high 20s low 30s on the short piece of HW51.  Thanks for that.

There is something about riding with guys that are stronger than you.  It can crush you, eat you up and spit you out, or it can elevate you to a different level.  I generally find myself in the company of riders that bring hammers in their jersey pockets.  As the saying goes "sometimes you are the hammer, sometimes you are the nail" and if you happen to ride with James and Brown Bear and you are the hammer, you will probably get dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment