Saturday, August 21, 2010

You're a Snob

Have you noticed, well if you ride a bike you do it, how cyclists are a bunch of high school girls. Most of you reading this are already guilty. You check out what people ride, what they wear, how they ride, who they ride with, where they ride. Yes, you do.

Put a naked, doesn't even have to be naked, how about half-naked girl on a bike and a good % of cyclists are going to look at the bike, then the girl. (ladies you can picture a guy) We look at components, heaven forbid you have different groupos on a bike. We look to see what tier you have completing your ride. Is it Red, 7900, Super Record? If it isn't you must not be "good". Your "cool factor" is low.

Did you see the bartape that guy used? Didn't even match his saddle. I have a set of training tires that are mismatched, wonder what people think? Did he do that on purpose, or is he touched? Speaking of tires, we try and match tires with a frame or a water bottle cage. I've seen you. Don't lie. I'm just as guilty as the rest.

Clothing optional. I swore I would never, never, never. Wear spandex cycling shorts. Now that I am "cooler than you" I say bibs. You could not pay me to wear sausage smugglers. Now I shell out $$$$ to have the ones with the cool scorpion on them. Don't ever wear bibs or shorts with a baggy shirt. You can go baggy on the bottom and tight up top, but never the reverse. I did not make the rulz, I mean really...think about it visualize.

We are cycling snobs, yes on some level everyone is snobbish. Oooh that is an ugly helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment