Tuesday, August 17, 2010

MTB

What is it about the mountains? Sometimes you can change your attitude by gaining some altitude. I went to CO a full fledged roadie, and came home with single track lust. The road bikes are hanging on the wall, and the full suspension is getting prime billing.

I love racing, training on the road, and getting on the skinny tires and ripping it. Riding road is all about speed and racing. Every ride turns into a competition with half-wheeling, city limit sprints, and racing patheltes.

I don't race MTB, I like to ride MTBs. Fat tire bikes are vehicles of pure fun, and training on a MTB just takes the fun out of riding off-road. Riding with your friends can be competitive, but it is progressive one-up-manship where you push each other to have more fun.

Railing a sloping berm is a roller coaster ride in a jet fighter with you behind the controls hair on fire. Single track ripping is a freedom that "words all fail the magic prize." I've been bitten by the single track bug and I have a fever, a fever for more MTB.

No comments:

Post a Comment