Friday, July 30, 2010

Now What

So I get home turn on the TV and... no Tour. Nothing. A void. Now I have to do something else to take up my down time. My whole schedule is off. What am I to do with no cycling on TV?

Three weeks in July. Everyone has Tour fever. You can't shut people up about it, especially if you have not seen the stage. Yap Yap Yap Cavendish blah blah blah Andy. Then it happens, the sprint in Paris and cycling is over. It's like a bomb went off and cycling was the target. Conversations are no longer weighted with talk of crashes, climbs, minuets and seconds. What's the deal? There is more to cycling than le Tour, don't get me wrong le Tour is huge. If you like le Tour you might try the Giro, or the Vuelta, watch some classics in the spring/fall, and the World Champs are comming up. Act now and you could be a hard core cycling fan with knowledge of cycling outside of le Tour.

There are three "Grand Tours" and they are all equally awesome each in their own special way. Did anyone see the Giro this year? I tried to stay up to date with it, but without TV it is tough following on line if you don't have a subscription. We have the Vuelta coming up soon. Anyone hear of it? It is just like le Tour but with a Spanish flair. I am going to try and watch the Vuelta, even if I have to pay for it. I turned into such a junkie watching this years Tour that I need a fix.

I'll pay, I'll pay, just give me some cycling to watch, already.

2 comments:

  1. Sign-up by July 31 and you can watch the Vuelta on UniversalSports.com for $9.99. http://www.universalsports.com/cycling/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pre-ordered the DVD "Chasing Legends". I'll be anxiously awaiting its arrival. Till then, I'll just have to be satisfied with various Tivo'd stages of this year's Tour. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete