Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Apres Tour

I regret the possibility that I am going to offend, but I feel I must do my duty, pull on the stripes of a referee and "call it like I see it".

The podium is a holy place for the athlete, it is an elevated step both literally and metaphorically. We raise up our champion for all to see.

le Tour is the most prestigious race in the whole cycling world, held in France the hotbed of fashion. The best they can come up with for the Stage winner podium girls is a black jumpsuit a la Grease? I try to be open minded about the ways of the world, but I don't get it. Fashion is art, and I think LBJ said, "I don't know art, but I know what I like." Sorry stage winner podium girls, not a fan.

Now here is where I am going to get into trouble. KOM. Was it a dare, was it too much wine the night before a deadline and it was raining outside? "Hey, I know whats we can do...let's make z dress out of an umbrella." --ridiculous French accent by John Cleese. So, what do you do if it rains? Pull your dress over your head? Probably wind up with a few new friends. "mind if I share your dress?" Ou, la la.

As for the other podium girls, I think they hit the mark. Well I do have to mention the Points Leader presenters. Nice white dress with a band of green, and then we have to add the sponsor, because the jersey is not enough. PMU green hands everywhere and we need to make sure that it is on the dress somewhere. I forgot who is the sponsor again?

I guess it could be worse, at least they have clothes on, they do have class and pageantry. I will give them that.

If it is offensive to you that I used the term girls, just replace with presenter. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment