Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dumb Rage

This is probably a bad idea, but I'm pissed. I have to put something down to maybe, just maybe work through this seething rage of hatred. I hate ignorance. Ignorance that has no merit but is embolden by years of just not having a freaking clue. Throwing a leg over a mountain bike does not magically make you a mountainbiker, but for some it does, and with this it gives one knowledge beyond all comprehension. Trolling the interwebs, mags, and edits makes one so PRO. Please oh great ones let us know how awesome you are, we seek your wisdom.

Riding a trail or hiking or rolling around in the dust for 30+ years does not prescribe ownership. Taking your sick whip out of your padded tailgate truck for the first time does not entitle you to ownership.

 KNOWLEDGE DROP:  NO one OWNS the trails, we are all users. The only people who OWN trails are the ones that have Title or Deed to the land, then and only then does someone OWN the trail.  
I have never wielded a rake, shovel, sledgehammer, weed-eater, or put on work gloves for trail building/maintenance. I am a consumer, and everyone who does the same as I, is a consumer. If you are not working on the trails in some capacity this is what you are. Unlike Burger King, being a trail consumer, we can NOT Have It Our Way. We have to consume the trail the way it is presented to us.

End of story.

 More to come on this subject, I am by no means finished with this RANT, I'm pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment