Thursday, September 15, 2011

Perspective..or something like that

Someone always has it better than you, and someone always has it worse than you.  I'm a glass is half empty kind of guy, always looking for the negative.  Don't judge, it's easy to be on the team of the not so positive, it takes a true hardas$ to be positive even in the face of failure.  I am not.  Admittance is the first step, it's the second step -the one where you actually start the change is the hard part.  I don't see myself changing into a lollipop kid and seeing the good in everything anytime soon.

I have a good life, I do (not bragging) sometimes I just don't see the trees for the darn forest.  My job is trying my sanity, I swear that this job is going to kill my soul.  I don't love what I do, and it is just a means to and end.  It is a rare thing that one loves their vocation.  I'm just going through the motions as best I can.  What I'm really trying to say and to convince myself is...is that I don't have it that bad.  In fact I have it pretty good in the grand scheme of things.  It could always be worse, Right?

Looking at ones life from a different set of eyes alters the view.  When life hands you a lemon say "what else you got?" and be glad you have a lemon, 'cause the guy next to you was just handed a pile of manure. 

I'm trying to break this absence of words, so I apologize for the nature of my writing and I hope that it does not bring you down, but helps you look at your situation from a different vantage point.  I figure, at this point, that writing anything is better than writing nothing at all.  This is a self induced therapy aimed to cure the brain to keyboard mandatory black out that has occurred.

Did you click on to read something about cycling?  I rode a bike today, Did you?  I was about to melt into the couch of oblivion when "The Julie" called and said she was coming home and wanted to go mtb.  Savior.  We rode in some light rain and chilly weather until we were on the trails up at Turkey.  I let Julie lead the ride and I shut off my mind and focused on her rear tire, so much so that at one point I was lost and had to look for landmarks to reorient myself.  Much needed.  I am so lacking in the motivation department, don't you dare call it burn-out.  It is not.  I love to ride and I need to ride like a junkie needs a fix.  There is a black hole of time right after work that if I cannot make it out, I will not do anything but dive deep into a vegetative state.  This has nothing to do with burn-out, I have the desire to ride, I just don't have the motivation to change clothes, fill bottles/camelbak, and go ride.  TV is just too easy, and beer is just too tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment