Monday, July 18, 2011

TdF Stage 12

Mountains -Tourmalet

You got to love the mountains, and today was the first stage with the big ones.  This is when the favorites come out to play, the selection is made, and the marking starts.  Well, at least Frank and Andy put on a little show that I loved every second.  I have grown bored of the GC's sitting and marking each other, if I wanted to watch a staring contest I would go to the local elementary school.  I know these guys are probably so evenly matched that if you show your @ss, you are probably going to pay for it.

Not taking away from the Olympic Champ, but Frank's move was awesome, a worthy attack that was set up perfectly by his brother and multiple gauging attacks.  The ole one-two rope-a-dope set to perfection by the brothers Schleck.  I am impressed with Evans' ability, or is it form?  He looks comfortable and not like he is about to blow up at any second.  I think Cadel is playing the game and he is holding more cards than the other players, he's not going to show what he has and he sure as heck not going to play any right now.

Basso is not a name we have talked about much since his fall from grace.  I named my dog Basso if that gives you any indication of what I thought about him before his brush with the long arm of the UCI law.  Anyway, Basso is looking good, but, and it is a big but, he has no support in the mountains.  He is naked out there, and that is really not a good look on a bike.

Contador, man I love to throw stones at this guy, I know this makes me low class, guess that is the price I pay.  Ok, I will be positive.  He won the Giro, that's about all I got.  I can't figure out if he is done or if he is just playing possum right now?  As much as I don't like him he is talented, and Riis is super smart.  I'm not counting him out yet, there is a lot of racing left.  A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment