Saturday, May 28, 2011

Juicyfruit?

What is it like losing touch with reality?  I guess that would depend on your version of sanity or your view of reality.  Who is to say crazy is not the new black?  Or is it white, pink?  What's the whole deal with shoes and labor day?  Does that apply to nurses?  Tangent.  My wife went skydiving today and most 9-5er couch dwellers would probably view the activity as fringe, or I hate to use it -extreme.  Shall we, for all intense purposes just say crazy?  Is that crazy?  These tattooed cigarette and Redbull inhaling adrenalin addicted individuals probably look at the bean-counter chained to a desk and think that is crazy.  Who wants that?  Fluorescent tan, watercooler talk and a boss that needs a cover sheet on the TPS reports.  Did you get the memo?

It's easy for us to point a finger at someone who is different and pass judgment as if we know what the score is.  We all have things that we subscribe that might raise the eyebrow of our neighbors.  You paid how much for your bicycle?  Oh yeah, well how much did your putter cost?  Touche.  I can't cast the first stone, because of all the crazy skelotons hanging in my closet.  Skateboard  Snowboard  Kayak  MTB  Road Bike Climbing Gear

Today in the hangar the jump instructor asked if I wanted to jump and I said that, and I quote "I don't have the desire".  He looked back and said "it's not for everyone" -what is that supposed to mean?  It's not that I am scared to jump out of an airplane, I just don't want to jump out of an airplane.  I don't want tattoo's, does that mean I'm scared to get a tattoo?  Not my cup of tea.  Now, here is the weird thing -I would be more apt to jump off a cliff or bridge in a BASE jump, given the choice.  Now that's crazy.  Bungee just looks stupid to me, again not my cup of tea.  Of course I'm not a tea drinker.  Coffee -black.

My reality is not your reality, we might share some space in the padded room, but straight jackets come in all sizes.  Is it crazy to dress oneself in a micro-thin petroleum fiber, swing a leg over a carbon-fiber human-powered machine, and proceed to do battle with the narrow-minded cell phone-texting road-raging populace in their ginormous SUVs?  To do such a thing would be admittable. 

Where did I put that power of Attorney?

No comments:

Post a Comment