Monday, March 14, 2011

Paris - Nice stage 7

First of all I was racing in a crit when this race was aired, and I did not get to see what happened.  I did see a very very short recap.  Would have enjoyed watching this race, minus all of the carnage, because I admire the strength that these riders posses when it comes to enduring bad weather.  I know this is their vocation, but sometimes you just have to say no.  No, I will not ride a bike in this foul weather, thank you and good night.  Beer me.

And then you have the guys that thrive in horrible conditions.  Classic conditions.  The weather this year at Paris-Nice has been a little opposite starting in the sun and ending in rain and clouds.  Remy Di Gregorio (Astana), Who?  That's what I said, Who?  Anyway Di Gregorio put it down in the race and soloed it in from about 2k out and only 25sec in hand.  Di Gregorio is a magician.  Hi is able to take certain death and turn it into an excellent bike save.  Try and find footage of that.  How much do you hate painted road surfaces? 

1 Rémy Di Gregorio (Fra) Pro Team Astana 5:46:23
2 Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0:00:05
3 Rigoberto Uran Uran (Col) Sky Procycling
4 Andreas Klöden (Ger) Team RadioShack 0:00:07
5 Tony Martin (Ger) HTC-Highroad
6 Rein Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne
7 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Team RadioShack 0:00:09
8 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling
9 Xavier Tondo Volpini (Spa) Movistar Team
10 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Leopard Trek 0:00:11

No comments:

Post a Comment