Saturday, February 5, 2011

Indoor Training Plan

Most of you out there in Radioland are probably like me and are under house arrest due to the snow.  I have been at work and have been busy doing work stuff, snow plow, shoveling snow, moving aircraft, and fueling aircraft.  So, I've been busy.  Now I am at home I am a prisoner of my own making, or whatever.

I've decided to do some research on the best indoor training for the Spring Racing season.  Then I decided that would be too much work and workouts are too specific to each person, therefore it was a lost cause.  My solution to the problem:  Turn the TV on to one of the million channels that has nothing on and watch it.  Make sure you have a supply of beer that will last yourself at least three days.  Get comfortable on the couch, or the bed, make sure you have plenty of pillows.  My suggestion is that you put a cooler next to wherever you have planted yourself (that way you don't have to get up to get another beer).  The only thing you have to get up for would be the bathroom, or if you are really dedicated to your training you will employee the use of adult diapers, this will save countless trips to the toilet.  Problem solved.

Make sure you have a supply of snacks all within reach (no need to get up to eat).  Frozen pizza, burritos, chili Frito pie, nachos, chips and dip.  Be sure that you will be able to take short naps, to keep the workout marathon going at least for 24hrs.  I  would also suggest having beer that is stronger than 3.2% so that you really get the BAL to a lethal level.  What does not kill you makes you stronger.  If you are really hard-core don't eat at all, just drink, this will ensure that food does not interfere with your bodies ability to absorb alcohol.  One thing about watching TV while drinking heavily, after awhile you will have TV in Stereo (seeing double at this point).

If you would like more training tips just ask in the comment section I would be happy to help out as much as possible.  I have some great tips on element training, like turning the heat up as high as it will go and wearing snowgear indoors.  You name it I can help with your problem areas of your training. Nutrition, Time, Intervals, ATP, FTP, SOB, NAPA, FUBAR.

**Everyone here at Sprinting the Belllap/Belllap Brewing do not advocate underage drinking, so for the kiddos out there please substitute Red Bull or sodas with massive amounts of caffeine, and lots and lots of sugar and candy.  Also, please drink responsibly if you are out and about, otherwise irresponsible drinking at home is highly encouraged.**

No comments:

Post a Comment