Sunday, January 9, 2011

Could be worse

I'm getting ready for a mtb ride this afternoon, and a look at the weather says 32* wind chill of 23* with a 30% chance of snow flurries.  If you reside below the 32*of latitude then this is not a good day to be out and about, as for you people who reside in a more Northerly climate -it is probably a t-shirt and shorts kind of day.

Location, Location, Location.
I should be counting my lucky stars that I am actually getting outside and not having to shovel 26" of snow to do so.  Sure we all want nice sunny days to throw a leg over the saddle and get some miles and hours of freedom.  I would prefer to sit on the couch and watch episodes of syndicated nothingness until I want to buy everything that is advertised, and I really do think that Depends would be a great way to watch more TV.  I digress, I have decided to brave the elements along with a couple of guys that for some reason want to take the "hard-man" approach to doing this thing that we like to do. 

I am going to get "suited up" to go ride.  I will, when I get back -through the magic of time travel, let you know how my little jaunt was.  If I survived, had fun, was miserable, so stay tuned.  As my sister says "ciao for now".

I'm back, showered up, recovering, at least as good as I can be right now.  I put in a hard day on the mtb yesterday, and then followed that up today with a real roaster.  I'll write about that later.  Anyway, the weather was really not much of a deterrent, well it was livable.  The digits were a little cold and had to stop a couple of times to bring them back to life.  You kind of need them to put the brakes on, the toes were cold, but not frozen -at least I thought.  When I got in the shower I realized that my big toes were in fact frozen, nothing a little hot water couldn't fix.

Conclusion:
It is great to be able to get out with friends and ride, even if the thermometers say it is FREEZING outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment