Friday, July 9, 2010

Stealing

Have you ever stolen anything?

I'm talking something intangible, not your best friend's girlfriend, not that piece of candy that you are going to go to hell for. I'm not talking about releasing the brakes in the apex just before the tire looses grip and you cheat death. Totally different.

I Stole a ride. I was supposed to ride with the team yesterday, but we were rained out. I came home turned on le Tour and wound down. No ride today. In the early evening I took a look outside, the rain had stopped. YES. Slipped into my kit grabbed a bottle, out the door. I put in a solid 60 with some hill repeats just to cleanse the soul. Made it home put the bike in the garage, and before I knew it...Rain. That is stealing. I stole that ride, and yes it is sweet.

Getting to ride when you can't, is a stolen ride. The Boss is not in today, check out early and get a leg loosener in. Wife took the kids to see the in-laws, weekend ride with the guys and beers.

There are many things that can be stolen, but a stolen ride will not get you jail time with your new best friend Buba.

Steal a Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment