Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One brick short

Momma always said crazy is as crazy does

Cascade Cycling Classic is a NRC event held in Bend Oregon. Floyd Landis shows up last minute. No team. No Sponsors. Ready to go. Small problem: Rules. Rule book says that you cannot wear the name of a business or a sponsor without a registered team. So, long story short, Floyd does his best "Fred" impersonation with a loose grey t-shirt. In the TT. Can't wait to see what kit he is going to race in.

I was a fan o' Floyd, I always believed that he got a raw deal. Boy, was I wrong. I think the guy has lived a lie for so long that he has gone mad. Koo Koo. I saw him at Joe Martin just a few days before he dropped the bomb, looked fine to me. Once again, what do I know? The guy is totally nuts.

Ok, so really, shouldn't you just give it a rest? Call it a day. Get out of cycling and try pro wrestling or golf, I will speak for everyone and say "Goodbye Floyd".

I do want to say "Thank You" for stage 17. I don't care if you were on Rocket Fueled Roller skates, stage 17 was awesome, I will always remember how incredible that stage was. Superhuman. Well only problem is now that I know the truth, I have to put an * next to that one.

Were you the only one? No, I would have to be real naive to think that there was not at least one other tainted rider in the peloton. It is a sad commentary on cycling, but even sadder is that there will always be cheating no matter the venue.

Well, Floyd, thanks to you the general public in America know cycling for Lance, Drugs, Lying and Cheating. I once said that I would have a beer with the guy, right after he dropped his bomb, but now I am a little scared of the guy. That boy ain't right. If you have read my ramblings you know that I am a big fan of time-travel, Floyd is a strong candidate for use of such a machine.

I'm going to go apply some ice to cycling's black eye

No comments:

Post a Comment